Eb Reinbergs: Entertainment & Corporate Lawyer
Suave and sophisticated, Eb Reinbergs is more than just a dealmaker. Eb has established himself as one of the most connected, well respected and influential lawyers in the entertainment industry today.
As Founder of an upscale Yorkville multi-service law firm Three60Legal Lawyers Notaries Public, Eb handles a fair share of A-list talent. Most of his time is spent making deals for mega-selling musicians, producers, artists, actors, dancers, writers, filmmakers, television production companies, video game companies and major events. Eb was instrumental in negotiating the contracts for BeerFest and the ReelWorld Film Festival, celebrity chefs Rob Rainford and Ted Reader, major label award-winning artists. Melanie Fiona (two time Grammy-winning Canadian R&B Singer, Universal Motown), Karl Wolf (Pop/R&B artist, Universal Music ), DVBBS (Dubstep Duo, Universal Music ), Reema Major (Hiphop artist, Universal Music/Interscope), Creature (Juno award nominated dance punk band, Universal Music) Culture Shock (South Asian Hiphop group, Universal Music UK), AGame (Rap Duo, Universal Music), The Fugees (multi-platinum and Grammy-winning Hiphop/R&B group, Sony Music), Big Black Lincoln (Hiphop/R&B group lead by Juno nominated singer/rapper Saukrates), Choclaire (two time Juno award-winning Rapper), Snow (Juno Award-winning Canadian reggae musician), Roses Dead (metal/punk band) and many more.
Clientele Includes:[wpcol_1half id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Recording Artists
- Record/Production Companies
- Concert Promoters
- Fine Arts professionals
- Actors [/wpcol_1half][wpcol_1half_end]
- Event Planners
- Sports & Fitness Companies
- Dance Companies
- Public Relations Firms
- Video Game Companies
- Digital/Technology Companies
Entertainment law is often difficult to define as it is an area of the law in that is a conglomerate of other traditional areas of law that impact the entertainment industry.
In its most basic form, entertainment law is a mixture of intellectual property law (which includes trademark, copyright, patent law and rights of publicity) and business law tailored to the needs of the entertainment industry. Operationally, entertainment law often involves other well-established areas of law such as immigration law, employment law, bankruptcy law, securities law, civil litigation and others. The responsibilities of an entertainment lawyer typically include contract negotiation and drafting. Some entertainment lawyers also provide shopping services in which they will promote the services of their clients to industry participants such as record labels and publishing companies. Entertainment legal services are typically provided to the following entertainment industry sectors:
• Music – includes talent agreements such as recording agreements, endorsement agreements, publishing agreements, synchronization and master use agreements as well as copyright issues.
• Film – involving chain of title issues, errors and omissions insurance, talent agreements, production and post production agreements, distribution agreements and copyright issues.
• Broadcasting – covering television and radio broadcasting issues, licensing and regulatory issues.
• Theatre – includes license agreements, support agreements, cast agreements and venue agreements.
• Visual Arts – involves independent contractor agreements, artwork agreements (including consignment agreements) and industrial design.
• Mutimedia – includes new media issues, video game production, software agreements and various licensing issues.
"It has been a pleasure working in Canada's entertainment industry for over a decade. In 2012, I launched Three60Legal Lawyers & Notaries Public, a full service law firm including Entertainment, Business, Criminal, Employment, Real Estate, Family and more. Three60Legal is located in Yorkville, a swanky upscale neighbourhood in downtown Toronto. As founder of Three60Legal, I ensure we provide the highest quality legal service to celebrity artists and entertainment professionals in music, film, fashion, health & fitness including grammy-award winning singer Melanie Fiona, Karl Wolf..."
- Copyright & Trademarks
- National Tour & Concert Deals
- Recording Contracts
- Songwriting/Publishing Contracts
- Sponsorship Contracts
- Partnership/Band Agreements
- Promoter/Agency Deals
- Film/TV Production Contracts